PhD, MSCE, Civil Engineering (Geosystems), Georgia Tech
MS, BS, Civil Engineering, Tongji University
- Geomaterials characterization
- Flow in porous media
- Subsurface geomechanics
- Advanced testing and modeling
- Bio-inspired geotechnics
- Energy geotechnics
Honors and Awards
- 2020, NSF CAREER Award
- 2017, Bill Schutz Junior Faculty Teaching Award, CEE/Georgia Tech
- 2016, Class of 1969 Teaching Fellows, Georgia Tech
- 2013; 2014, ORISE Fellowship, NETL/DOE
- 2013, George F. Sowers Distinguished Graduate Student Award, Geosystems/Georgia Tech
- Associate editor, Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth
- Editorial advisor, Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment
- Task force leader, ISSMGE TC308 – Energy Geotechnics
- Advisory: Pressure Core Advisory Board, USGS, DOI; GOM2 Marine Test Advisory Committee, UT/DOE.
- Member: AGU; InterPore; ISSMGE; SEG; ASCE; Geo-Institute.
- Reviewer: Geophysical Research Letters; Journal of Geophysical Research; Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems; Environmental Science and Technology; Advances in Water Resources; etc.